Monday, August 27, 2012

No Excuse, But I'll Give You One Anyway

As the title says, there's no legitimate excuse for my lack of posts over the past two weeks, but I'm going to give you one anyway.

Several weeks ago I entered the composition cycle of my new job.  In short, I'm writing content for college courses day after day after day.  When I come home all I can do is sit with my girls, have some dinner, and zone out.  It's hard to find the inspiration to write.

But there's a problem.  I really miss sharing Mimi's story with everyone.  I love going back through the photos we take each week and reliving the little traumas and triumphs.  To keep the ball rolling and Mimi's story on the front page, I'll have to change my post style a bit.

Over the past year I've tried to compose each post as a threaded narrative.  There's usually a central theme running through each one.  Looking at the poor quality of the writing on this blog you may think that such stories come quickly but, unfortunately, I'm rather slow.  To keep the posts coming, I'm going to stick more to pictures.  I hope that's OK.  I know that's why most of you are here, anyway.

Mimi has taken a cue from her mother and father (we hope) and started parenting her "friends" Bear, NyanNyan, WanWan, and Baby.  She particularly likes putting them down for naps.  This is always quite cute, but sometimes she makes a bit of a mess.  Here's what's left of our hallway carpet.  
She doesn't just help her friends, though.  She likes to lend Mama and Papa a hand when she can as well.  Here's Mimi hosing down the BMW the other day.  
She didn't always have the best aim.  
Well, let me rephrase that.  Mimi didn't always have the best aim when it came to the car.  When the poor pizza delivery guy walked by, though, she nailed him square in the chest.  Sorry pizza delivery guy.

If you've turned on PBS anytime over the past month or two you'll know it's Julia Child's 100th birthday.  Sumie and I have been watching some of the specials and getting a kick out of seeing her in her prime.  She wasn't just a good cook, she was funny as hell!

We took her advice for a quick meal and whipped up some French omelets.  So very, very good.  Why I spent so many years of my life overcooking eggs I'll never know. 
Mimi approves of our "just-enough" approach to eggs.  Look at that face.  That omelet's so good she can't stand it.  
I'll do my best to post again soon.  I've a backlog of pictures that need to be shared.

No comments: